This Read Me file contains important information regarding HomeBase 3.0. Please read this document before installing HomeBase 3.0.
HomeBase 3.0 is optimized to work on a PC running the following Microsoft windows versions:
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- XP Home
- XP Home with SP2
- XP Pro
- XP Pro with SP2
- Vista (all editions)
- Any of the above running on a Mac Virtual PC.
512 MB RAM (minimum) is required.
What's New With HomeBase 3.0:
1. Improved import functions:
a. Missing fields during import have been corrected.
b. Mapping a seller’s terms during custom imports has been greatly improved.
2. Improved export functions:
a. Missing fields during export have been corrected.
3. AbeBooks ‘Valid/Invalid’ column has been added to the default columns – this helps sellers to easily identify listings that have failed validation and will not be sent to AbeBooks.
4. ‘Add/Edit Listing’ screen has been improved:
a. ‘Description’ is now included in the main tab
b. Publisher fields have been simplified (‘Year Text’ has been removed; ‘City’,‘Province/State’, and ‘Country’ have been replaced by ‘Publisher Place’)
c. Quantity field has been simplified: 1 or more = ‘For Sale’; 0 = ‘Sold’ or 'Unavailable'; ‘On hold’ is no longer an option.
d. Default language for a listing is now the same as the language selected during HB 3 installation. (Spell-check for languages other than English is not built in but is available as an add-on.)
5. Multi-edit feature has been added, allowing sellers to edit or delete multiple listings at once.
6. Messaging has been improved when sellers send updates to AbeBooks, making it easier for sellers to know if their updates were successful.
7. When migrating from HomeBase 2.3 to 3.0, HomeBase 3 automatically searches the default location for an hbdata.hbd file. This makes it far easier for sellers using HomeBase 2.3 to migrate to HomeBase 3.0.
8. ‘ISBN Lookup’ will return multiple matches if more than one exists in our data base, allowing sellers to choose the best match for the book in hand. 9. A 'Group By' function has been added, allowing sellers to group listings by their chosen criteria, i.e. by price, author, condition, etc. 10. A built-in Update function. Simply follow these steps:
8. ‘ISBN Lookup’ will return multiple matches if more than one exists in our data
base, allowing sellers to choose the best match for the book in hand.
9. A 'Group By' function has been added, allowing sellers to group listings by their chosen criteria, i.e. by price, author, condition, etc.
10. A built-in Update function. Simply follow these steps:
Networking: Multiple Accounts and/or Multiple Computers:
- Sellers who currently manage multiple seller accounts through a single instance of HomeBase 2.3 will not be able to do so in HomeBase 3.0. HomeBase 3.0 security is based on the storage of a single token, with a token representing a unique email address/password combination.
- If you are a seller and list under multiple seller accounts, you will not be able to use HomeBase 3.0 Web Services to manage your consolidated account inventory.
- Networking HomeBase 3.0 on more than one computer is currently not supported.
- When searching for an author, title, etc., using the "Filter/Search Conditions" fields, your results won't be filtered correctly if your search term contains an apostrophe.
- We are planning to fix this but in the meantime, a simple workaround is to use double apostrophes instead, i.e. O''Reilly.